Thursday, January 6, 2011

a small meditation (I wish I could say it in Latin... that would be cool!)

as I was reading a book titled "the grunt padre" I noticed a large portion of the book (in the beginning) had the recurring theme of heroes of the decades. as I thought about it. it made me think about who my heroes were. I was almost shocked to find no heroes in the media, which is a source of heroes for many people. even more shocking, as I looked deeper, I found that the "heroes" that some find are really just as un-heroic as the villains themselves.
   The media (meaning movies and games for this convenient moment.) have all had some take of starting off something with a defined good and bad side, and then the person who is on the good side notices the rotten core of his side and the good in the bad side and.. well.. they never finish.
   this is a main thing you see nowadays. the basis of the hero has been torn to shreds and now, all we have left are "heroes" who have good intentions, but purposefully will do everything against their morals (if they have them) to accomplish that end. this does not make them heroes. this makes them just as immoral, unjust, and hateful as the villains themselves. and the easily misled find these figures as heroes to look up to.
   on the other side, there haven't been many heroes to find these days. most of the heroes we find are outwardly heroes, but turn out to be more out for themselves and not for others, while the people who many find AS heroes are people like blessed mother Theresa, JPII, and many other who, not by coincidence, happen to be part of some sort of christian denomination (I can't speak for others in other nations, just for my society.)

if you read this and notice anything wrong, or have something to add on, or even just have something to say. please post it in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment